Elan’s 2020 Industry Resolutions
A new year is often a time of reflection, and many people make New Year’s Resolutions, which they may or may not keep, with varying degrees of success. Simply, put, they generally fall into four categories:
So here are my 2020 resolutions recommendations for our industry:
The industry should Start:
- Improving Transparency over raw material and finished product analysis and SHARE the results at the consumer level as appropriate.
- Brag about the labs, whether internal or external, upholding the quality of their brand.
- Audit testing labs. No, not one of those silly forms anyone can complete, a real in-person audit.
- Test more, and appropriately, to weed out adulteration.
The Industry should Stop:
- The opposite of above.
The industry should Decrease:
- Making excuses for not joining trade associations
- Cutting corners
The industry should Increase:
- Vigilance over accurate label claims
- Finished product testing