Cannabinoid Determination Services
Founded in 1997, Alkemist Labs is a full service ISO 17025 accredited natural products laboratory offering quantitative testing services, including cannabinoid determination. We are passionate about full method transparency and personalized technical support. Because of the level of detail and transparency included in each CofA from Alkemist Labs, you can be assured your sample was tested by a validated, fit for purpose method compliant with cGMP regulation.
Our full 12 cannabinoid panel includes the following:
We are a DEA registered facility (RA0292603). We report THC as a limit test unless the client has listed their specification as “not detected”:
- THC amounts >0.3% are reported as “Presence Detected”
- THC amounts detected at <0.3% are quantified in the report
- Customer specific reporting protocol for THC is available upon request
This method was developed and validated in accordance with current ICH guidelines. Here is a summary of the validation results for various matrices
- Accuracy: CBD and THC recovery ranges are 80-125%, at three spike levels
- Precision (Repeatability): %RSD for peak area <4% CBD, <7% THC
- Specificity: Verified with spectral purity by photodiode array
- Detection Limit (LOD): CBD = 0.023%, THC = 0.022%
- Quantitation Limit (LOQ): CBD = 0.076%, THC = 0.074%
- Linearity: Correlation coefficient (R2) > 0.999, determined by five-point calibration curve
This method is suitable for common sample matrices such as crude material, oils, liquid extracts, and powdered extracts. Finished product formulations may require method development.